The Amazon Classic tour package includes a variety of excursions to see some of the most popular sites and events that is sure to keep you busy for the time of your stay. Excursions have planned departure times during the morning, afternoon and evening, A minimum of two nights and three days (2N/3D) is recommended and you might consider an extra nights stay if you desire to take in all the package has to offer or have a little more time to relax between excursions.
Arrival at Misahualli Amazon Lodge
Upon your arrival at Puerto Misahuall your first venture will be to "Monkey Beach". This is well known beach along the Misahualli River where many monkeys of various types may welcome you and if you are not careful steal something away. At this point you will enjoy your first canoe trip by crossing the river over to the lodge.
Upon arrival at the lodge, we will promptly check you into your accommodations, provide your your room assignment and confirm your package plans. At this time we can further personalize your itinerary within the limits of tour departure times and the length of your stay.
Guided Jungle Excursion (Morning) - Duration 2.5 hours
Where you will experience and learn about;
▪ The Amazon rainforest
▪ Visit the giant Ciebo (Kapok) tree called "Papa Pununo"
▪ Stop at the "Waterfall of Life" and if you desire take a refreshing dip to cool off
▪ Climb to "Quindihurco" the high peak on the reserve from which you can view the expansive Amazon river basin.
Guided Indigenous Community Excursion (Afternoon) - Duration 3 hours
This tour involves a canoe trip down river where you will experience;
▪ The "Shiripuno" Community where you can learn more about their past and history;
▪ "Traditional" Dance
▪ Shaman Ritual
▪ Chicha the native drink.
▪ Visit the "Sacred Stone"
▪ Learn the art of making Chocolate and Coffee using traditional methods.
Caymans in the Night Excursion (Evening) - Duration 1 hour
You will leave in the evening once it is dark outside to see if you can spot the cayman alligators in their lake surroundings.
Itinerary - Daily Schedule Time of Tour Departures
|8:00 - 9:30 AM||Breakfast Service|
|9:30 AM - 12 PM Noon||Guided Jungle Hike|
|12:00 PM - 12:30 PM||Free Time|
|12:30 PM - 2:30 PM||Lunch Service|
|2:30 PM - 6:00 PM||Guided Indigenous Community Tour|
|6:00 PM - 6:30 PM||Free Time|
|7:00 PM - 8:30 PM||Dinner|
|8:30 PM - 9:30 PM||Guided Caymans at Night Tour|
What to bring to the Amazon Rainforest and tours
When planning your trip to Ecuador's Amazon Rainforest here is a short list to bring; Passport and copies ▪ Personal medications ▪ Fast drying clothes; shirts, shorts and for evenings and mornings you might benefit from some light colored long-sleeved clothing ▪ Swimwear (pool, rivers, tubing, waterfalls, etc) ▪ Lightweight raincoat or poncho (It does have a habit of raining at times) ▪ Sturdy footgear ▪ Sandals / flip-flops / crocs
Other Items to pack for most tours and excursions ▪ Daypack ▪ Small towel and shirt to change ▪ Water bottle ▪ Insect repellent ▪ Loose change (no bills larger than $5 or $10) ▪ Sunscreen ▪ Sun hat ▪ Sunglasses ▪ Camera equipment (including memory card, cables and batteries) ▪ Plastic bags to protect cameras, binoculars ▪ Fitting socks for rubber boots, preferably over the calf for comfort
What is and what's not included in the tour package price
The Amazon Classic Tour Package price includes;
▪ Local, Spanish speaking field guide ▪ All listed activities and related entrance fees ▪ Rubber boots up to size 12 (UK) / 14 (US – men) ▪ Tour related transportation; canoe, taxi or other mode.
▪ Use of all lodge facilities, including wifi in commons area, swimming pool, tennis court, river frontage, hiking trails, unlimited canoe crossings between "Monkey" beach (Puerto Misahualli) and lodge (subject to scheduled crossing times).
The Amazon Classic Tour Package price DOES NOT include;
▪ Accommodations, food and beverages
▪ Tips and other personal expenses
▪ Lunch on day of arrival and day of departure
▪ Other activities not listed
▪ Any reimbursement for use of personal vehicle to and from the lodge and where used in travel to tour destinations.